The findings of a recent study should be an eye-opener for parents who having been feeding their kids on junk food. There are many parents who tend to feed their children with junk food on the name of treat. Well, for these parents it would be shocking to know that they are not only feeding their children junk food but are also causing hindrance in the development of their kids.
According to the findings of a study, junk food lowers the IQ levels of children. The study was conducted by the researchers of Adelaide University. The researchers of the study have found that children who are fed with rich nutritional food in their early phase of growth tend to have higher IQ level.
For the study, the researchers monitored 7,000 children and compared their daily intake of meal. The lead researcher of the study, Dr. Lisa Smithers, said, "We found that children who were breastfed at six months and had a healthy diet regularly including foods. had an IQ up to two points higher by age eight".
However, in the case of children who are offered soft drinks, chips instead of mils and fruit were found of having lower IQ levels.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez