Investigating officials from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have been concerning the increase in the cases of swine flu merely over the past week, as per a recent report.
It has been noted that while last week the figure was at 16, the same has risen up leading to a total of 152 cases this week. However, the cases are not serious and have caused two people till date to be hospitalized.
Swine flu, as per the findings, has the ability to share one of the genes with the H1N1 virus, thereby leading to a large spread. An outbreak due to the same was seen in 2009, causing millions of illnesses.
It is being said by the officials that while it is not for the first time that swine flu cases have been seen in Indiana. The same becomes a greater concern as it might sometime be seen transferring from human to human also apart from spreading from swine to a person.
“The big question is what the potential for this virus is. Could it take off and spread person to person and be the origin for the next big influenza outbreak”?, National Foundation for Infectious Diseases’ president William Schaffner said.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez