After coming across this study, one would agree with the statement that aspirin a day would keep many diseases away. A study was taken out by a group of experts from the American Cancer Society, which concluded that aspirin is quite effective in treating many forms of cancer like stomach and colorectal.
Not only this, the study, which has been published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute, also revealed that aspirin also reduces the risk of heart diseases. In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers evaluated more than 100,000 people.
Lead researcher Dr. Eric Jacobs was of the view that regular intake of aspirin would reduce the risk by 16%. It is not the first time when such a claim has been made for aspirin and it could be said that the study is just another addition to the prevailing belief of experts.
"Even a relatively modest benefit with respect to overall cancer mortality could still meaningfully influence the balances of risks and benefits of prophylactic (protective) aspirin use”, said Jacobs. He affirmed that they cannot take the findings of the study to be permanent and would need to take out a further study on the matter.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez