It would not be a novel health warning that smoking is injurious to health, but the further mentioned fact might be. A recent research being taken out by a group of researchers from the Cancer Research UK Epidemiology Unit, which is in Oxford University, has found that smoking enhances the risk of cancer.
Study researchers were of the view that smoking raises the risk of cancers that strikes immune system as well as in bone marrow. In order to reach at the above given conclusion, the study researchers assessed the health of 1.3 million women, who were middle aged.
After assessing the study, it was revealed that eight out of 1,000 people develop cancer due to smoking. It was found during the study also as 9,000 women developed cancers in the course of 10 –year-long- study.
The study, which has found places in the British Journal of Cancer, was being led by Professor Valerie Beral. He was of the view, “Smoking raises the risk of many types of cancer, not just lung cancer, and also the risk of heart attack and stroke”.
Study researchers have asked people that people should try and stop smoking, as it is never too late for a new beginning.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez