It seems that cost cutting is not only taking place at one sector of NHS, but almost in all the departments. After rationing on surgical operations dealing with cataract, it has now been revealed that gynecological treatment is the latest entrant in the same.
It has now been revealed that gynecological ward at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup has been closed due to financial cuts. Women suffering from an array of problems will now be shifted to a surgical ward, which is unisexual in nature.
Now, when the step has been taken at one hospital, it is now being feared that the step can be taken at other hospitals. The concern has been raised by patients and they have asked the NHS to review the decision.
A hospital spokesman was of the view that the decision has been taken under stiff circumstances. However, they made sure that women do not have to suffer any kind of problem in the presence of men. There are different bathrooms for men and women and it will also be made sure that males do not contact women patients.
"Gynaecology patients will be treated on a general surgical ward, as -other female surgical patients are, by specialist staff", she further affirmed.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez