A massive radiotherapy centre is going to get built at Colchester General Hospital. The facility will cost £25million and is said to be the biggest investment in the town.
It was recently revealed that the borough council was so impressed with the proposal of the facility that it has given green signal for the construction of the centre. The construction will start from next month and all efforts will be made to complete the construction by the end of 2013.
The Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust has announced that they are quite with the new facility plans. They are expecting that patients' treatment will start from early 2014. In order to develop the centre at Colchester, another centre at Essex County Hospital has been shut, due to its poor conditions.
"We will be able to put in the most up-to-date machines and provide a quality service in a first-class environment for patients and carers", said Dr. Gordon Coutts, who is the Chief Executive of the Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust.
He further affirmed that there is no doubt that the centre at Essex was providing great services, but it was a dream to have radiotherapy centre at Colchester. Now, it seems that dream has come true.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez