With fast moving world, even trends and lifestyle have drastically changed. People are opting out for an unhealthy lifestyle, including poor diets and less of physical activity. This is ultimately affecting the health of people, as a result of which there has been an increase in deadly diseases.
A former dentist Charles Eugster has suggested that in order to overcome such a sedentary lifestyle especially in case of elders, competitive sport events should be organized and people of the old generation should be urged to be a part of it.
Speaker at Worldwide Congress on Active Ageing, which will be inaugurated today at Glasgow, Mr. Eugster was a rower. Presently, he is preparing for the World Rowing Masters Regatta, to be held in Germany next month.
He quit his sport in his 40s. However, he was back to be a part of the competitive sport in his 60s. Currently, he takes part in the sport in the over-80s category.
He is the eldest in the group, despite that till date he has been able to win various medals and accolades to his name. The resident of Zurich and grandfather of two, in order to come back to form joined weight training and other exercises at the age of 87 and after losing 12kg in a year, returned to the sport.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez