Recently, Scottish Government has revealed that about 93,000 young kids in Scotland are living with parents affected with alcohol abuse. Such kids are leaving under the threat of emotional, physical and mental abuse. Violence has also been observed in families with alcoholic parents.
The figures were collected by the Scottish Health Surveys. Authorities are asking parents to take responsibility of behaving maturely in front of their children. Previous studies have showed that children learn from the habit of their parents. Children with alcoholic parents also become alcoholic.
The Chief Executive of Children 1st, Anne Houston said, "Too many children are missing out on their childhoods because of their parents' drinking and we all have a responsibility to stop this from happening".
An initiative has been taken in which people will be made aware about the effect of drinking in presence of children. It is estimated that one in 10 children in Scotland is facing tough time because of his or her parents drinking problems. It is hoped that parents will take serious note of the figures so that innocence of children could be cherished.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez