Health experts in Buxton are concerned with the waters of the 'Blue Lagoon', which is otherwise, a beauty spot attracting thousands of people each year, a recent report has cast light over the fact.
People from every nook and corner of the world come to enjoy the cool waters of the lagoon, clean and clear. Though the waters act as a little bliss during hot weathers, researchers say that one should not always go on outer appearance of a thing, may it be this apparently pure blue water.
The warnings are being raised after it was discovered that it is only due to the surrounding limestone rocks that provide it its allure. However, the reality is that the visitors' health is largely being put at risk.
Certainly, warnings have been placed close to the lagoon saying skin and stomach issues may arise or it contains human waste and abandoned cars. But, the water has actually been found to be harmful just equivalent to bleach.
The pH value of the waters is 11.3, only a little less than bleach's pH level that is 12.6, likely to cause skin or eye irritations. `We have tried to get the site drained, but the water board will not drain it into the water supply because it is so toxic', told County councillor Pam Reddy.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez