A recent study has found that people who consume cocoa drink have better grasping power as compared to those who don't. Besides, such persons tend to have improved control on blood sugar levels.
It has been found that Cocoa contains flavonols. Tea, grapes, apples and red wine also said to have contain flavonols. But in Cocoa, the level of flavonols is quite high. For the study, the researchers asked 90 people, at the risk of developing dementia, to have high and mild level of flavonols in the form of Cocoa.
Dementia is a mental disorder in which the memory of a person turns weak. Elders are more prone of developing such disorder. The participants of the study were asked to consume Cocoa for a period of eight weeks.
After a period of eight weeks, researchers asked the participants to go for memory tests. It was found that people on Cocoa did well in the tests as they had good grasping and recalling power. The lead author of the study, Dr. Giovambattista Desideri said, "This study provides encouraging evidence that consuming cocoa flavonols, as a part of a calorie-controlled and nutritionally-balanced diet, could improve cognitive function".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez