Researchers of Western Ontario University, in a recent study said that egg yolk is bad for heart and can increase the chances of a person of being affected with cardiovascular diseases. The researchers noted that egg yolk increases the cholesterol levels in the blood and thus narrows the blood vessels.
For the study, the researchers surveyed 1,262 patients. The participants of the study were above the middle age. Researchers further went on saying that egg yolk is as hazardous for health as smoking. It has been found that people who have egg yolk three times in a week a more like to be adversely affected by it.
The findings of the study have been published in the journal Atherosclerosis. The British Egg Information Service (BEIS) has taken a defense of egg yolks saying that lifestyle is more culpable for causing heart related disorders.
BEIS said that people consuming alcohol are putting their life at stake. The need is to bring improvement in the life style of the people so that rates of cardiovascular diseases could be brought down. A spokesperson of BEIS said, ".Those that ate at least two eggs yolks a week may have generally had poor diet that was high in saturated fat, drank heavily and done little exercise".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez