The Office of Fair Trading revealed shocking news that many of the NHS trusts are charging extra money from private patients. It got further revealed that the eight NHS trusts have been found to be the culprit and have also been found to be indulged in price fixing.
Through the help of a whistleblower, the OFT got to know that despite knowing about the matter the Southern Region Private Healthcare Association did not carry out an investigation. Reason behind showing this favor was that they had agreed to be with the trusts.
After knowing all this, the OFT has announced that strict action will be taken against the trusts, which have been found to be the culprits. In addition, they are also going to write to all the NHS trusts, which have private wards. The letter would inform them that if they would be caught doing things, which are against the medical guidelines then they will be held under the breach of competition law.
Deborah Jones, who is the director of OFT was of the view, "Where public sector providers compete with the private and voluntary sectors, the OFT is committed to ensuring that there is a level playing field for all".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez