It has been reported that in nursing homes, dementia patients are allegedly being overdosed with drugs, which ultimately could lead to premature death of 6,000 elders. It has been found that the overworked staff at nursing homes often prescribes anti-psychotic drugs to dementia patients.
The health experts have said that the administration of anti-psychotic drugs can increase the chances of a person to succumb to death by almost 50%. Besides, the family members of the dementia patients are unaware of this practice.
There are many families who think that by taking that they are doing best by taking their elder members to nursing homes, specialist in the care of dementia. However, at these nursing homes, the life of patients is being put on stake by the overworked staff.
The health ministry has come up with many such issues when families have complained that over dose of drug took away the precious life of their loved one. A patient with anti-psychotic drugs can collapse on floor and could die any moment. Investigations over the nursing homes have been called on from time to find the culprits. More steps are required to be taken so that dementia patients could be helped.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez