It has been reported that National Science Foundation has discovered largest galaxy cluster, which is said to be about 5.7 billion light years away from the Earth. The galaxy clusters are the important subject of study for the researchers.
The newly found cluster has been given an official name, SPT-CLJ2344-4243 and a nick name, “Phoenix Cluster”. As the cluster is located near the Phoenix, it has been given its name. Michael McDonald from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology said, “While galaxies at the center of most clusters have been dead for billions of years, the central galaxy in this cluster seems to have come back to life”.
The observation of the newly found cluster was made by the Chandra X-ray Observatory. During the observation, it was found that this particular cluster is forming stars quite rapidly. Besides, the rate at which the hot gas is cooling is also highest at the cluster. The findings have surprised the researchers. The findings of the researchers have been published in the journal Nature.
The revelation was made in the journal on 15th of August. Researchers are keeping an eye over the cluster for more details.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez