It has been almost two months and anthrax cases have been on the rise in Europe. Health officials were of the view that there are chances of outbreak of anthrax.
Recently, it got revealed that one more person died of anthrax. Investigations revealed that he took contaminated heroin injection, which caused his death. Though no link has been found yet, it is suspected that the recent death that took place in Scotland might be linked to it.
Recent anthrax infection is being compared with the 2009-10 outbreaks, which affected 126 people. Nothing could be said in concrete for now, said experts.
Dr. Dilys Morgan, who is an expert in infections, was of the view, “It is likely that further cases among people who inject drugs will be identified as part of the ongoing outbreak in EU countries”. He affirmed that medical facilities including hospitals, clinics and private trusts have been unformed about the same. They have been asked to take all the precautions.
Morgan said anthrax is a bacterial infection, which majorily affects cattle and other herbivorous animals. It can also infect humans and some of the common places where infection is caused are arms, legs, back and groin.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez