Fork Swallowed 10 Year ago Taken out from Man’s Stomach
It was 10 years back that he swallowed a 23-cm fork, but Lee Gardner was assured by doctors that he need not worry, as fork would come out through natural way. With passage of time, he moved on with course of his life and forgot that something like this ever happened with him.
The fork was still inside his stomach and after a decade, he started having blood vomiting and suffered stomach cramps. When things went out of control, Gardener went to doctor for the check up.
Doctors evaluated his stomach through camera and questioned that if he was sure about not swallowing of anything recently or in past. “I couldn’t believe it. I have never had any problems with my stomach”, said Gardner.
It was only then that he remembered that plastic fork was still inside his stomach. Doctors at Barnsley Hospital carried out a surgery and have been able to remove the plastic fork. It took 45 minutes and the plastic fork was removed surgically.
Hanis Shiwani, surgeon who removed the plastic fork from Gardner’s stomach, said it was not possible to take out the fork without carrying out surgery. He affirmed that Gardner is recovering well and will be released this weekend.
Famed microbiologist Dr. Mark Wainberg, who played...Read More
Microsoft Corp. has claimed that it has already...Read More
Struggling to fight back soaring heroin and HIV...Read More
During the most recent Nintendo Direct, the mobile...Read More
Fresh Express is recalling a limited number of...Read More
Tech giant Google Inc. has plans to introduce a...Read More