It was 10 years back that he swallowed a 23-cm fork, but Lee Gardner was assured by doctors that he need not worry, as fork would come out through natural way. With passage of time, he moved on with course of his life and forgot that something like this ever happened with him.
The fork was still inside his stomach and after a decade, he started having blood vomiting and suffered stomach cramps. When things went out of control, Gardener went to doctor for the check up.
Doctors evaluated his stomach through camera and questioned that if he was sure about not swallowing of anything recently or in past. “I couldn’t believe it. I have never had any problems with my stomach”, said Gardner.
It was only then that he remembered that plastic fork was still inside his stomach. Doctors at Barnsley Hospital carried out a surgery and have been able to remove the plastic fork. It took 45 minutes and the plastic fork was removed surgically.
Hanis Shiwani, surgeon who removed the plastic fork from Gardner’s stomach, said it was not possible to take out the fork without carrying out surgery. He affirmed that Gardner is recovering well and will be released this weekend.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone