If sources are to be believed then it has been said that the release of salty water from taps in southern Louisiana, is said to be biggest failure of the US. Investigations have revealed that salty water is being realised from the Gulf of Mexico and is contaminating the drinking water, which is being retrieved from the Mississippi River.
It is not that efforts are not being done, as the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers has even built a barrier, which is meant to control the saline flow in the water. This barrier will accumulate salt at one place and will let clean water to pass through.
Though the method has helped a lot, it has been found that the salt content has reached 90 miles upriver and with the advent of summer, the level is going to increase even further. In total, 24,000 residents residing in Plaquemines Parish have complaint that 24,000 residents have complained that they are witnessing severe headache due to the same.
After receiving the complaints, the authorities concerned of Plaquemines Parish has ordered the drinking water advisory to assess the sodium content in the water being supplied. It is said that it will take time to assess the condition and to find solution for the same.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez