A safari park snake-handler has been airlifted to Worcestershire Royal Hospital after a King Cobra bit him.
The male staff member in his 50s at West Midland Safari Park was bitten in the leg on Sunday. The safari park on-site first aiders immobilized the leg, administered first aid, and called West Midlands Ambulance Service.
Immobilizing the bitten part of the body prevents the further spreading of the venom in the body.
Strensham, Worcestershire-based Midlands Air Ambulance was also tasked to the incident.
The victim was stable after the first aid and was not suffering any serious effects from the snake bite, but he was flown to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
A spokesperson for the ambulance service said, “Due to the fact the venom can be lethal if it enters the bloodstream; the man was airlifted to hospital as a precaution.”
Doctors at the Worcestershire Royal Hospital were alerted ahead of the arrival of the patent.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez