Can we combine binge drinking with more of a desire to gain good social status than actually the need to have a buzz, many will say no but researchers are saying yes.
Above are the findings of the researchers in which they have found more college students reporting their binge drinking habits and far happier in their social lives than was noted in their non-binging counterparts.
Researchers doubt that the allure of the beer funnel for college students could be due to their desire to grow higher in their social lives rather than their need for a buzz.
The study was recently published on Aug 20 during the annual meeting of the American Sociological Association in which it clearly revealed binge college student drinkers at a happier living side in their social lives as compared to their non-binging counterparts.
The study was run over students at one liberal arts college in the Northeast. Explaining the findings from the study, study researcher Ms. Carolyn Hsu, a sociologist at Colgate University in New York told LiveScience that "I would guess it has to do with feeling like you belong and whether or not you're doing what a 'real' college student does".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez