Family of a man in a manner has dragged the medical professional's thinking to the legal authorities asking for a grant of life-supporting treatment if in case their suffering family member's situation worsens in future but experts believe that he is already brain dead and cannot respond.
The case is of a Muslim man, who five weeks ago suffered a heart attack and since then is in a persistent vegetative state. His family members are not at all ready to accept the fact that his brain is already dead and are strongly feeling he understands them and has a capability to respond to them too but medical experts do not believe same.
Clearing the medical health of the 55-year-old patient in the court of protection in London, an expert has said that he is a brain-damaged patient, who is referred to as L in medical history and cannot respond in such situation.
The patient's family is from Greater Manchester and has urged the legal authorities to receive a life-saving treatment if his condition worsens.
Lawyers for the family have argued in the court that their Muslim faith stands a life as sacred and thus they are not ready to accept any order against his resuscitation or ventilation, if is needed anytime in future.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez