On Monday, the Macmillian Cancer Support informed that after the age of 65, people will become prone to cancer. The group said by 2040, the incidences of cancer will double.
It is estimated that in 2010 about 1.3 million people, all over the world, above the age of 65 had cancer. In the coming days, cancer will become common diseases among the elders. A study conducted by researchers of King's College London has warned that future will be trembled by cancer.
The findings of the study have been published in the British Journal of Cancer. The findings also highlighted that the survival rate of cancer will also increase. Prof. Henrik Moller from King's College London said, "The research shows that large increases can be expected in the oldest age groups in the coming decades and with this an increased demand upon health services".
At Harrogate Hospital a cancer unit worth £9 million has been established to gauge the ways by which cancer could be treated. At the unit, chemotherapy will also be administered to the patients. However, more efforts are needed to cope up with the growing incidences of cancer.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez