Though his condition would not improve, the compensation he has won would surely give him some respite. As per recent reports, it has been revealed that a 12-year-old Victorian boy filed a compensation case against the doctors and the hospital where he was born.
Darcy Hanssen's mother was given a heavy dose at the time when she was due to give birth to Darcy. Due to the same reason, Darcy has faced disability since birth. Darcy's lawyer alleged that Dr. Brett Marshall and midwives at the Peninsula Private Hospital did not take care of Darcy's mother Penny.
In their negligence, they gave her a heavy dose of labour-inducing drug, which made Darcy severely disabled for life. The compensation has been kept under wraps, but the amount is said to be justifiable when being compared with the pain Darcy has gone though and loss he has suffered mentally and physically.
Darcy has been suffering from cerebral palsy and needs wheel chair for movements as well as it is said that he will not live more than 30 years. In such conditions, it was necessary that he should have been provided the compensation amount.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez