A respite for residents of England and Wales, it has been revealed that there has been a significant decline in the number of MRSA and C. difficile cases. A generous 25% decline has been noted in the number of deaths taking place due to MRSA.
Details revealed that there has been a 25% decline in number of deaths taking place between 2010 and 2011. In total, 485 people lost their lives in both the places in 2010 and 2011 the number reduced to 364.
In the beginning of 2012, the Health Protection Agency has passed on the warning about these infections and it was said that all the possible precautions should be taken. After seeing the rise in both the infections, the government altered its policies and targeted the infections in such a way that it can be reduced.
Simon Burns, who is the Health Minister of England, was of the view, "The news that MRSA deaths are lower than at any point in the last 15 years is a testament to the hard work and dedication of NHS staff".
Spokesman from the side of the Welsh government was also of the view that it's the hard work of healthcare organizations that they have been able to reduce the number of infections.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez