Weather is a known chain of salon or a normal one, one thing that was found common among them was failure to ask for age when teenagers approach them to take sun tanning services. An investigation was taken out by the Irish Cancer Society in which a 17 year old teenager acted as a volunteer.
In total, she visited seven shops and it was found that none of the salons asked her for her age, as sun tanning beds are not allowed before the age of 35 years. All of the salons recommended her to take three sittings a week, if she wants to have a proper tan by her wedding, which she said to be in October.
The society experts were quite shocked to know that none of the salons asked her age. If the teenager would not have been a volunteer and have acted according to the recommendation of sun tan salons then she would have been facing a considerable risk of melanoma cancer.
“Without regulation, children and fair skinned people are being actively encouraged to use sun beds by unscrupulous operators who care little about the health implications of tanning”, said Kathleen O’Meara from the Irish Cancer Society.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez