It seems that a conclusion has finally come in both the death cases that occurred last year due to brain-eating amoeba.
Experts are claiming in their investigation reports that both the deaths of last year (of a 28-year-old man and a 51-year-old woman from Louisiana) from the "brain-eating" amoeba known as Naegleria fowleri were caused due to the infection that the men caught after using neti pots with tap water to clear their sinuses.
They explained that such organisms usually thrive in warm temperatures and thus are generally contracted if a person swims in warm freshwater lakes or rivers. But since both the victims had not been near any freshwater body, researchers are assuming that use of tap water with neti pots is the cause because both the dead ones routinely used it.
Moreover, further test reports also confirmed the presence of the amoeba in their home plumbing, with the bacteria present in the tank less water heater in the man's home and in the bathroom sink and faucet tub of the woman's home.
The above investigation results have been published in the Aug. 22 issue of Clinical Infectious Diseases. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has suggested people about some of the symptoms of Naegleria fowleri, which usually appear five days after the amoeba is ingested including headache, fever, nausea or vomiting, stiffness in neck, confusion or lack of attention, loss of balance, seizures and hallucinations.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez