Government is planning to shift the children's unit from Leicester to Birmingham but locals in the region are not in favor of the plan and for the safety of same, they marched yesterday along Melton Road in Syston with a 14-years-old campaigner at the lead.
People in the region are afraid that the move of the specialized heart unit from their region will badly affect the health of all such young sufferers, and thus they marched yesterday to save the heart unit that has saved many such affected lives till date.
Ms. Ria Pahwa is a resident of Rushey Mead, Leicester. She had such a serious heart condition since her birth that even the doctors told her parents that she would not survive more than some hours. But it was the performance of experts from the children's heart unit at Glenfield Hospital, who rushed over to Leicester Royal Infirmary that gave Ria a new life with the life-saving surgery.
Fearing that the move of the heart unit will lack such expertise for all the other children sufferers in the region, Ria led the march with more than 70 people and showed their best support for the children's unit with T-shirts and placards.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez