Recently, the Alzheimer's Association conducted a review over the research and treatment available for patients of Alzheimer's. While announcing the findings, the Association said that a number of researches have been taking place in finding the treatment of Alzheimer's. However, the findings have not been able to help the patients much.
Treatment is still lacking as dementia patients and Alzheimer's patients are living over the care of residential care homes. Following the review of the Association, drug manufacturer Eli Lilly and Company informed that they have found a promising drug for Alzheimer's patients.
The experimental drug, solanezumab is said to be effective in reducing the cognitive decline in the patients. The drug was originally created to treat Alzheimer's. However, during trials the drug failed. But, later it was found that the drug was capable of slowing the cognitive decline.
Alzheimer's is costing a lot to the US economy. There is need to find promising treatment for Alzheimer's so that people affected with it could be helped. Researchers have asked for a funding of $100 million for Alzheimer's research. The funding will also be used in developing drugs. Researchers studying Alzheimer's are waiting for the funding.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez