These days, kids often complain of inadequate sleep and restlessness. Have you ever tried to know as to why your kids are not getting the sleep that they need. Well, a recent research has found that increased intake of fizzy drinks and lack of story time has led to sleeplessness among children.
The research was conducted by the researchers of Sleep Council. During the research, it was found that kids these days are going to bed quite late. Besides, before going to bed, kids tend to have lots of snacks and fizzy drinks.
When it comes to storytelling time, about 27% of the kids are getting stories heard from their parents at bed times. While, about 58% of the kids are spends time over watching TV. Kids below the age of 14 years do need sleep of about 10 hours.
Jessica Alexander from Sleep Council was reported saying, "Not eating too close to bedtime and avoiding caffeine-fuelled fizzy pop is also important, as is a well balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables". It is hoped that the parents will take a serious note of the findings. Adequate sleep is must for the growing children.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez