In order to reduce mosquito prevalence as well as to cover the risk factor of West Nile virus in certain parts of Manhattan, the authorities concerned have given permission for ground spray.
To reveal the scheduled dates and timings of the spray, it has been found that spraying at the west side of Manhattan is scheduled for Friday from 1om to 6pm. Health officials from New York City was of the view that they are not expecting many medical emergencies due to spray.
However, this does not mean that people should ignore precautions. The authorities concerned were of the view that people should avoid exposure to the spray. The advice holds utmost importance for children, elderly and expecting mothers. It has been recommended that people should stay indoors during spray.
It was vital to take the step of ground spray, as 13 cases have been registered for West Nile virus and two among them have died due to the infection. "These neighborhoods are being treated due to rising West Nile virus activity with high and/or increasing mosquito populations”, said the Department of Health.
It shall be noted that the pesticide spray will be not strong, and mild spray will be done, assured the authorities concerned.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez