One of the hottest discussions in medicine filed is on male circumcision. A lot many health benefits have been revealed by the American Academy of Pediatrics about baby boy circumcision. This is the reason that a lot of brain storming is going on whether or not baby boys should go through circumcision.
Though there are many benefits of the procedure, like it reduces chance of urinary tract infection, less exposure to HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases, the procedure has declined in last four years. One of the main reasons for the same is money.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has revealed that the procedure has dropped from 61% to 54%, as many states have stopped providing Medicaid coverage. Another reason is strong opinion of people, who are against circumcision. They strongly oppose the procedure by saying that boys have full right to have intact foreskin.
Opponents have even compared the procedure with genital mutilation of women. The procedure has been termed to be painful and chances of infection have also been found in the procedure, said the opponents.
There is a need to reach at a consensus so that it can be known that whether the procedure is safe or not.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez