A seven year old little girl, Ellie Greenwood, has made Britain proud. She has won two medals, one gold and silver at the British Transplant Games, which was organized in Medway.
The event was organized by the Westfield Health and Greenwood took part as a member from the Transplant Team of the Leeds Children. She won gold medal in badminton competition and silver in the ball-throw event.
Participants from the age of two to 82 took part in the event, which was being organized on behalf of the charity known as Transplant Sport UK (TSUK). It has been found that more than 500 athletes took part in the event, which had 14 different competitions.
The event is being organized to encourage more number of people to register with the NHS Organ Donor Register. Event organizers were of the view that there is a need that more organ donors should come up and sign the register.
"Transplants do not last forever and it is a constant concern, but meeting other people across the country who has received treatment is inspirational”, said Mike from Holyport. He has been taking part in the event for last five years since he has gone through kidney transplant.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez