A recent report sheds light on how Republican nominee Mitt Romney takes on President Obama over the issue of global warming. Taking a dig at President Obama, he said: “President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans and heal the planet . . . My promise is to help you and your family”. It is believed that he’s trying to underestimate the severity of the issue by bringing on political rivalry in front.
While as governor of Massachusetts had made sure that polices related with climate change are being actively discussed and worked on, he has put the issue down the priority list while campaigning as a presidential candidate.
It has been known that Obama had shown deep concern for the issue during the 2008 campaign, but things have changed now as he maintains a safe distance from the issue which might trigger questions from one and all about the promises made which are yet to be fulfilled.
Apparently, polling shows have also showed that majority of the voters are not that inclined towards global warming unlike economic concerns, thereby making the picture somewhat clear why this sticky issue is being not openly discussed in political domain.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez