Tripping and knee and other joint injuries get common in elderly hood. However, in order to prevent them and give elderly a chance to move around in their homes as per their will, a group of researchers from three different institutions has developed a carpet at the University of Manchester.
They presented the carpet, which they call as a magic carpet at the Photon 12 conference. One of the best points of the carpet is that it is able to tell that whether a person has fallen while walking over it. The carpet is made of tiny electrons and its detail get into computer.
The carpet keeps on observing the walking pattern of a person and let it know if a problem has occurred due to mobility issues. Dr. Patricia Scully from Photon Science Institute at the University of Manchester was of the view, "The carpet can gather a wide range of information about a person's condition; from biomechanical to chemical sensing of body fluids, enabling holistic sensing".
It shall be noted that the carpet is made at a very low cost and is adjustable according to the size of the place. Study researchers said that the carpet will be able to predict the risk to people.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez