Yet again, it has been proved that vitamin D aids to the treatment of tuberculosis. Only difference in previous and current study is that the doctors from London have found vitamin D supplements to increase the recovery from the disease.
Study researchers were of the view that when medicines were not developed for the treatment of tuberculosis. Experts used to recommend patients to absorb as much sunlight as they can, as it is the direct source of vitamin D.
However, things changed and new drugs were developed for the treatment of tuberculosis. Things have now again gone to basic rules and vitamin D has again came to the rescue of people suffering from tuberculosis.
The study, which has been published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, is based on the assessment of 95 patients. It was seen that vitamin D in combination with medicine has increase the speed of recovery. Patients were able to recover two weeks faster, and credit for the same goes to vitamin D supplements.
Doctors said that vitamin D proves helpful as it soothes down the inflammation, which occurs due to the disease. Further study on the same is needed, said study researchers.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez