There has been noticed an increasing rate of suicide, depression and anxiety among the GLBTI people as compared to the broader population these days. Many even try to hide their identity.
Reason behind is the fear of discrimination and bullying that forces them to take such a cruel step towards their own life.
In this regard, the Anti-depression group Beyondblue and charity Movember have joined hands to fight against the bias that is made against gay people.
Ages ago, kids born as left handy were forced to use their right hand for doing all kind of works and activities because it was considered the right way. Left-handed people were simply biased. Similarly, in the present age, several ad campaigns use left-handed as a symbol for gays, pointing them to be a different section of our society. This makes them feel guilty, discriminated and separated from other groups of people.
As said by the Chairman of Beyondblue, Jeff Kennett, "Beyondblue research shows that, discrimination and bullying are major contributing factors to depression and anxiety, and risk of suicide".
Due to the terror of violence or discrimination, many young people at the age of 16 to 24 years stop disclosing their sexuality or gender identity.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez