Confectionery giant Mars has written a letter to the Carron Fish Bar that they should stop endorsing their much popular fried Mars Bar. A letter being sent through the company’s letter has asked the Scottish fish and chip shop owner to make clear that Mars no more promotes the high calorie bar.
Reason for doing the same is said to be a way of maintaining their healthy image. Mars said that recently they have made certain changes in their Mars Bar and have reduced the saturated fat level in them, so association with fried Mars Bar does not go with their fresh image.
The letter also said that they are quite happy that the Carron Fish Bar was having great sales due to their product, but the change has made them to disassociate with the product.
On the other hand, the story has yet another twist, which was being unveiled by Lorraine Watson, owner of the fish and chip shop. She revealed that they are the ones who invented the fried Mars Bar some 20 years ago.
They were having great sales and were thinking to get the bar registered under their name in the European Union’s Protected Food Name Scheme. However, before they could have taken this action, Mars sent them the letter.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez