Methadone, the heroin substitute, is being suspected since, even after its supervised use, it has caused a Bristol toddler, 23-month, to die of it, as per a recent report.
Jayden-Lee Green’s parents, Jamie Green and Sonia Britton, were addicted to heroin as well as crack cocaine. And since, the father was allowed to take the medication to home; he gave the drug to his child as well.
However, the small boy was given overdose of the drug, but agencies are being held responsible for his death. The reason is that the parents from a flat in the St. George's area were though addicts with mother supervised six days a week and often did not cooperate with agencies.
They sometimes remained absent from home while midwives, housing officials or health visitors visited their place. Also, the other times they failed to show up during an appointment. But, it is being said that drug agencies as well as social workers also failed on their part.
Since, they did not take the child into care along with his parents missing opportunities to get him well. It is the reason why changes are being suggested to be made in the way parents are supervised for the drug. NHS Bristol is now advising supervision each day in a week.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez