It would not be wrong to say that Whitbread, a business group, which deals in restaurant, coffee shops and hotels, has been benefitted a lot during the London Olympics time. It has been revealed that the company has registered 4.2% rise in its sales of second-quarter business.
While providing complete details of the benefit that the company has derived, the company officials were of the view that their total sales have risen by 14.8% in which Costa Coffee shops has put in 25.3% growth. Their hotels chain is no less as Premier Inn has contributed 13%.
"Our brands have outperformed in a tough economic climate, with like for like sales growth of 4.2 percent, and we have continued our network expansion at Costa”, said the company officials. It would be wrong to say that they were not expecting such robust sales during the Olympics.
Moreover, it should be considered to be unethical to say that they were expecting such modest rise in their sales, as they were able to increase their room rate in the Olympics. The healthy rise in their sales has boosted their plan to open other 350 Costa Coffee shops and have also planned to add 4,500 rooms to existing hotel.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez