As per reports, it has been revealed that Roche Holding AG, a Swiss drugmaker, was of the view they do not think they face any threat in coming time in regard to biosimilar copies of its quite famous cancer drug Rituxan.
It is expected that any other versions of Rituxan will not be in the market before 20915, and this has been giving a lot of comfort to the company. It is not that other companies have not started making similar versions, as Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, have started developing the same.
Roche said that they did try to get patent protection in Europe, but they were not able to get so. David Loew, who is heading the marketing section of Roche, was of the view that one of the reasons for delay from the side of other companies is may be due to clinical trials.
Other companies might be increasing the number of patients in clinical trials, so that they could completely assure European regulators that their developed drugs are completely safe. Meanwhile, Loew said that Rituxan has been deriving the benefits of the delay from other companies.
It has been found that it has been termed as tip-selling drug for 2011, as it made sales of 6.01 billion Swiss francs.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez