Concerns have been raised regarding the outbreak of Hantavirus. Officials have warned that more than 10,000 people, who stayed at the tent cabins in Yosemite National Park, California, are at a heightened risk of the infection.
They have declared that another victim of the rodent-borne virus has been identified, with which the total of those infected has risen to three.
Dr. Rahul Gupta, Director of the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department, said, "The victim had visited the park since June but declined to be more specific, citing the family's wish to grieve in private".
Nevertheless, previous week's reports subjected by the officials at the park affirmed that five people are ill due to the virus. Further, they asserted that several thousands who stayed in the cabins since June were likely to develop Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. However, Park owner has officially informed the people who stayed in the cabins during the month of June to August.
Administering the seriousness of the condition, even US Centers for Disease Control have become more watchful and showed up with additional suspected cases. As a result of the outbreak, the World Health Organization has issued alerts for the travelers to be cautious against the virus.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez