Queensland Health has warned that six people have been exposed to a horse that died due to infectious Hendra virus on a property situated north of Queensland. The horse has been reported to have died of the infection on Monday.
Further, Biosecurity Queensland officers are examining the other 13 horses on the same site in Port Douglas.
The owner of the site, Bradley Small, asserted that only a few people were working on the property. Moreover, he affirmed that the health authorities are sure that none of them would have contracted the infection; still one of them will be thoroughly examined.
Queensland Health visited the property yesterday and they assured that the people were at very low risk of being infected.
Mr. Small said, "It is a blow for the family-run agistment business, which has been quarantined for at least a month. It's not going to be good, but anyway, we'll get around it".
Victoria Hunt, who owns a property near the infected site, asserted that the news regarding the virus is frightening. She added one never knows, when suck a disease strikes. Moreover, till now there is no vaccination, which can protect the horses against the infection.
Since the beginning of the year, this is the seventh outbreak that Queensland has come across.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez