The Industrial Court has claimed the South Australian Cricket Association (SACA) "breached" the Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Act and has thus imposed a heavy fine on it, a report has revealed.
As per reports, Janice Mary Whibley, because of unsafe working environments, had to suffer burns. During a cricket Test's last day on December 8, 2009, she was working at the Adelaide Oval Cathedral Kiosk, cleaning all the deep fryers.
Amid the same, she had to place a steel drum of some 20-litre with its top open. The drum was under a fryer's tap, which while she was turning off, splashed oil surge with a `pop' sound. The incident caused her to get burned her arm, neck, face and shoulder blade.
However, the worker is continuing with her work at SACA, she had to be admitted for three days to recover. The court on hearing the same said such an incident should never happen, had the association provided and maintained a safe and secured work environment.
The magistrate affirmed, "The system in existence at the time of the incident exposed employees to risk of burns given that the cooking lard was still hot". It is thus that the group has been penalized with $11,250.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez