Detergent companies have recently introduced such fancy detergent “pods’ that look similar to those tasty candies. As a result, since April, around 40 local children have been admitted into the hospitals for consuming these candy-appearing detergent pods by mistake. To some of them, emergency intestinal surgery has been done and some are experiencing pangs of hunger of Sen. Charles Schumer.
There is an immediate need of cracking down on such companies. The Consumer Product Safety Commission should take a strict action against them. These Tide pods are so appealing that even a senator would wish to gulp one.
As said by Schumer on Sunday along with several other medical professionals, “The incidents are skyrocketing. These pods were supposed to make household chores easier, not tempt our children to swallow harmful chemicals”.
As reported, till May there were 200 cases noted by poison control centers nationwide but by the end of June, this figure rose to 1,210.
A 15-month old child was brought to the hospital as she crumbed the packet of detergent Pods and inhaled the content. As a result, she immediately started vomiting and was put on a ventilator.
Schumer further explained that these once-to-be-used clothing cleaners have been designed to diminish spills and balky bottles but there colorful plastic packaging has made them highly dangerous.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez