As per a report being released by the Health Protection Agency (HPA), it has been revealed that climate change is taking a toll in the UK. It has been predicted that heat-related deaths are going to increase significantly. If to go as per the predictions of the HPA, then the heat-related deaths will increase by 540% by 2080.
Health experts were of the view that if there will be a rise in temperature then there will a generous increase in illnesses like dengue fever and chikungunya. Not only this, rise in temperature will also affect the pollen grain season, as it will start earlier and will extend for a longer time period.
The climate change will see such and more changes by 2080. The HPA was of the view that the effect of the same has been quite evident and 70% of the above mentioned effect will be witnessed by 2020 and rest was said by 2080.
Dr. David Heymann, the HPA Chairman, was of the view, "From increased risks of heat waves through to potentially greater exposure to air pollution, indoors and outdoors, and potential changes to established pollen seasons, there are many issues".
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez