It is the second anthrax death case that has taken place due to an injection of heroin, said the Health Protection Agency (HPA). They affirmed that the person was taken to a hospital in Blackpool, but lost his life due to being diagnosed with anthrax.
Three weeks ago, similar case happened in which a person injected heroin and died. The incidents have raised concerns among the HPA officials and they have further warned the medical facilities to remain alert about such cases.
They have also been informed that they can witness similar cases so they should be ready with all the preparations to handle these cases. It is assumed that the deaths might have occurred due to the contaminated batch of heroin.
The HPA said they have been considering both the recent deaths in the Europe-wide outbreak of anthrax. In order to alert people, the authorities have passed messages through different communication mediums.
"Anthrax can be cured with antibiotics, if treatment is started early. It is therefore important for medical professionals to know the signs and symptoms to look for", said Dr. Fortune Ncube, an expert of blood-borne viruses who is associated with the HPA.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez