According to a research being taken out for the Children's Commissioner for England, it has been noticed that children living with problematic drinkers have not received adequate support from social services.
The report suggests that over 90,000 babies have been living with a problematic drinker, who can harm not only themselves but also children. Alcohol can cause more harm to children and despite knowing this fact, no action was taken against the problem.
Generally, it has been seen that drug related problems are given more importance. However, the report has acted as a wakeup call for the authorities concerned to take some action for the protection of children.
Maggie Atkinson has requested the government that they should give all the needed support to children who have been living with hazardous drinkers. If timely action is not taken, there are chances that children might lose their childhood.
"It is essential to highlight the significance of this problem to ensure that services are adequately targeted at this high level of hidden harm", asserted Atkinson. It is not that efforts were not being made to solve the problem, but it seems that there has always been limitation in attaining complete success.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez