According to a research being taken out for the Children's Commissioner for England, it has been noticed that children living with problematic drinkers have not received adequate support from social services.
The report suggests that over 90,000 babies have been living with a problematic drinker, who can harm not only themselves but also children. Alcohol can cause more harm to children and despite knowing this fact, no action was taken against the problem.
Generally, it has been seen that drug related problems are given more importance. However, the report has acted as a wakeup call for the authorities concerned to take some action for the protection of children.
Maggie Atkinson has requested the government that they should give all the needed support to children who have been living with hazardous drinkers. If timely action is not taken, there are chances that children might lose their childhood.
"It is essential to highlight the significance of this problem to ensure that services are adequately targeted at this high level of hidden harm", asserted Atkinson. It is not that efforts were not being made to solve the problem, but it seems that there has always been limitation in attaining complete success.
- Samsung signs deal with Amazon.in to sell Galaxy K Zoom handset in India
- GE unveils smart LED light bulb – ‘Link’
- Report: iPhone 6 likely to be launched one month earlier than expected
- Huawei officially unveils its new high-end Ascend P7 smartphone
- Samsung launches its ‘Galaxy K zoom’ camera specialized-smartphone