A study published in the journal Cancer has predicted the risk for testicular cancer for people who indulge in marijuana. The US study has found the risk to be increased by double among marijuana smokers in comparison to people who do not smoke it.
Lead author of the study Victoria Cortessis, from the University of Southern California, said they have found the increase risk of being suffering from nonseminom, a rare form of cancer.
Victoria asserted that it is not the first study, which has been done on this subject. In fact, it is the third study in a row, which has warned about the risk of smoking marijuana. "This is the third study consistently demonstrating a greater than doubling of risk of this particularly undesirable subtype of testicular cancer among young men with marijuana use", she further asserted.
This has led Victoria to urge the authorities concerned to take stern steps in regard to marijuana smoking. In order to reach at the above given conclusion, the study researchers assessed 163 young men suffering from testicular cancer. In order to compare the report, the study researchers also included 300 other men, who were not suffering from the cancer.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez