A lot was being said with regard to the benefits being derived from acupuncture. However, there was no scientific proof available, which revealed the same. No more! A group of US researchers has completed a study, which concluded that acupuncture does provide pain relief.
The study has also been published in the Journal Archives of Internal Medicine. Study author Dr. Andrew J. Vickers, from the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, said that for a long time there was a presence of that confusion balloon that whether or not acupuncture provides relief from pain.
There was a reason behind this dilemma, said Andrew. He explained that one study used to claim about the positive side effects of acupuncture and second study was complete opposite to the first.
In order to reach at the conclusion, the study researchers included only those studies, which were of great quality. Not only this, they also carried out data meta-analysis of every person and after adjusting all the reports, they reached at a conclusion that acupuncture is beneficial.
"Perhaps a more productive strategy at this point would be to provide whatever benefits we can for our patients, while we continue to explore more", asserted Andrew.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez