The recent announcement of bringing cuts in the health care has dampened the morale of nurses and health workers. On the 11th of September, announcement of introducing cuts in 4,100 jobs was made by the Newman Government.
The Queensland Nurses Union has condemned the decision of the government. Besides, they questioned the promises made by the government in ensuring safety of the jobs in health care sectors. Secretary of Queensland Nurses Union (QNU) Beth Mohle said, "Nurses, midwives and health workers have got the Sword of Damocles hanging over their heads".
There is no way a nurse will perform good at work, knowing that she or he will soon be cut out from the staff. The shortage of medical staff has already taken its toll over the care of patients. Further cuts, will not bring anything good to the health sector.
Besides, huge cuts in the budget are also being introduced. No doubt, the government is trying to tackle with tough financial problems. But, cutting the jobs and bring cuts in health sector won't help much. The government needs to find more ways to overcome the financial hurdles.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez