Legionnaires’ disease has taken toll over one more life as a woman from Quebec City has been declared dead. The woman is said to be in her late 60s. Till now, the Legionnaires’ disease has killed about 12 people.
However, the good news is that no new case of Legionnaires’ disease has been reported. The health authorities have already started to celebrate their victory over the outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease. But, the end of outbreak has not yet been announced yet.
On 29th of August, a person was suspected of having the symptoms of Legionnaires’ disease. It can take up to 15 days to get affected with the disease. The health authorities are waiting until Thursday to declare freedom from the outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease.
Till now, about 176 people have been adversely affected by the Legionnaires’ disease in Canada. For the first time, the disease was discovered in the US in 1976. A public health spokesperson said, “The outbreak is under control for sure…Still, we can’t declare the end of the outbreak just yet”. It is hoped that soon the announcement about victory over the respiratory disease will be made.
US Business News
New Zealand News
- After Suspected Botulism, CFIA Warns People
- Health Care Education Necessary for the Future of Province: Analysts
- B.C. Government Grants $700,000 for Managing Facial Deformities
- Michelle Shocked delivers hate speech about homosexuality at her gig
- Guess who Justin Bieber got burned by?!! His ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez